*Parking alert: Access via Gate 7 is restricted to accredited passholders and disability permit holders only.
Step into Greatness at the 'G during the 2023 AFL Premiership Season.The Melbourne Cricket Club, as ground managers of the MCG, looks forward to welcoming you to the 'G throughout the 2023 AFL Premiership Season.
For everything you need to know on visiting the MCG for AFL, click here.
TicketsTickets for this match are now on sale via Ticketek.
Tickets can be purchased via the Ticketek website, at Ticketek agencies or at the ground on match day, subject to availability. A total of 10 tickets can be purchased in one transaction.
General Admission SeatingPlease note, general admission seating areas are subject to change. Continue to check regularly for updates and check the general admission screens at your gate upon arrival to the MCG.
Shane Warne Stand
- Q4-Q15 1/2 (rows P-DD)
- Q49-Q55 (rows Q-MM)
- Q15 1/2 - Q21 (rows K-DD)
Cheer Squad areasHawthorn: M3 (rows A-R)
Essendon: M33 (rows A-Z)
ParkingGeneral public parking is available for this match via Gates 3 and 5. Parking via Gate 7 is available to disability and accredited permit holders only. Click here for parking information as well as alternative parking options close to the MCG, and continue to check regularly for updates.
Parking can be pre-booked via Ticketek here, subject to capacity.
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle ServiceThe G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service operates during public events held at the MCG.
The service is free and accessible to patrons with mobility challenges. The G-Train also features vehicles with wheelchair-friendly access.
Pre-booking is not required; simply wait at a designated pick up point for the next available buggy. The service has pick up points from the following locations:
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Accessible Parking Area
Find out more
Getting to the MCGFind your best way to get to the MCG with our journey planner and transport option tools. For information on public transport, pedestrian access, taxi ranks and more, click here.
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via the gate listed on your ticket.
- The MCG is a cashless venue. All food, beverage, merchandise and ticketing outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit or credit card.
- The MCG is a smoke, e-cigarette and vape free venue. Patrons found smoking or vaping inside the Ground will face immediate eviction.
- At the MCG, your safety is our priority. If you experience any form of antisocial behaviour, please report it by texting 'Assist' to the MCG's antisocial text hotline on +61 409 117 621.
Road closuresBrunton Avenue: 6.00pm-7.00pm
Wellington Parade: 6.00pm-6.30pm
MCC Library Fact Sheet2023 AFL Premiership Season Round 1 - Hawthorn v Essendon
Australian Sports MuseumThe Australian Sports Museum is open event days before the bounce for all ticket holders.
Located at Gate 3 inside the MCG, the Museum showcases the best of Australian sports including AFL, cricket and the Olympics.
For this match, the Museum is open from 10.00am-1.00pm.
Please note: MCG Tours only operate on select event days.
Find out more.
Metro Trains DisruptionsBuses replace trains on sections of the Hurstbridge, Belgrave, Lilydale, Sunbury and Upfield lines at various times on Sunday March 19. Coaches replace trains on sections of the Ballarat, Ararat, Maryborough, Bendigo, Echuca, Swan Hill, Geelong and Warrnambool lines.
- Passengers should allow extra time when travelling to and from the MCG.
- Please be aware after the game there may be increased congestion and delays getting onto the platforms at Richmond and Jolimont stations.
- Passengers are advised to return to where they got off the bus prior.
For further information and to plan your journey at ptv.vic.gov.au.