We look forward to welcoming you to the MCG for BBL|12 as the Melbourne Stars host the Sydney Thunder.Tickets are now on sale via Ticketek.
Coming to the BBLHere's everything you need to know about your visit to the MCG.
General Admission SeatingGA seating is available in the following areas (please note, general admission areas are subject to change):
Shane Warne Stand
Level 2, 2A and 4 closed
- M28 - no alcohol
- M30 (rows R-NN)
Level 4 closed
- M50 (rows AA-NN)
- M55-M57 (rows AA-NN)
Level 4 closed
Getting to the MCGFind your best way to get to the MCG with our journey planner and transport option tools. For information on public transport, pedestrian access, taxi ranks and more, click here.
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via the gate listed on your ticket.
- The MCG is a cashless venue. All food, beverage, merchandise and ticketing outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit or credit card.
- The MCG is a smoke, e-cigarette and vape free venue. Patrons found smoking or vaping inside the Ground will face immediate eviction.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.
- We also recommend packing a fitted face mask. While masks are not mandatory, we encourage patrons who wish to do so to wear masks where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- At the MCG, your safety is our priority. If you experience any form of antisocial behaviour, please report it via the MCG's antisocial text hotline on +61 409 117 621.
Cricket timesMatch commences: 7:15pm
1st Innings: 7:15-8:35pm
Innings Break: 8:35-8:50pm
2nd Innings: 8:50-10:10pm
MCC Library Fact SheetBBL12: Melbourne Stars v Sydney Thunder
Road closuresBrunton Avenue (Punt Road end): 5.45-7:15pm
Brunton Avenue (Punt Road end): For 1 hour from the end of day's play
ParkingGeneral public parking in Yarra Park is available for this match. Please note, parking is subject to availability and operates on a first-in, best-dressed basis. Cashless payments only. Click here for parking information as well as alternative parking options close to the MCG, and continue to check regularly for updates.
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle ServiceThe G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service operates during public events held at the MCG.
The service is free and accessible to patrons with mobility challenges and also features vehicles with wheelchair-friendly access.
Pre-booking is not required; simply wait at a designated pick up point for the next available buggy. The service has pick up points from the following locations:
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Accessible Parking Area
Find out more
Metro Trains DisruptionsBuses replace trains on sections of the Cranbourne, Pakenham, Frankston, Stony Point and Upfield lines this Wednesday.
- Passengers should allow extra time when travelling to and from the MCG.
- Please be aware after the game there may be increased congestion and delays getting onto the platforms at Richmond station.
- Passengers are advised to return to where they got off the bus prior.
For further information and to plan your journey at ptv.vic.gov.au.