Step back into Greatness as football returns to the 'G for the 2022 AFL Premiership Season.The Melbourne Cricket Club, as ground managers of the MCG, looks forward to welcoming you to the 'G throughout the 2022 AFL Premiership Season.
For more information on visiting the MCG this AFL season, click here.
View the 2022 AFL Premiership Season fixture at the MCG here.
Kids go free monthFrom rounds 14 to 17 of the 2022 AFL Premiership Season, all kids under 14 get free general admission access to all games across Australia.
Free junior tickets can be booked now via Ticketek.
Find out more.
Arrive earlyIn 2022, the process for entry into the MCG will take longer than usual. To ensure you are inside the MCG in time for the match start, arrive early and leave plenty of time for the entry process.
Download your ticket prior to your arrival at the MCG. To gain entry into the match, scan your digital ticket at the turnstiles.
General Admission SeatingPlease note: General Admission seating is subject to change.
Shane Warne Stand
- Q1-Q15 1/2
- Q49-Q55 (rows K - back)
- M26 (rows B-Z)
- Q15 1/2-Q 19 (rows K-DD)
Cheer Squad areasGeelong Cats:M3 (rows A-T)
Richmond:M33 (rows A-S)
MCC Library Fact Sheets2022 AFL Premiership Season - Round 15 - Geelong Cats v Richmond
The G-Train Mobility Shuttle ServiceThe G-Train Mobility Shuttle Service operates during public events held at the MCG.
The service is free and accessible to patrons with mobility challenges and in 2022, the G-Train will also feature vehicles with wheelchair-friendly access.
Pre-booking is not required; simply wait at a designated pick up point for the next available buggy. The service has pick up points from the following locations:
- Richmond Station
- Jolimont Station
- Accessible Parking Area
ParkingGeneral public parking is not available for this match. Parking is open to accessibility and accredited passholders only. Click here for alternative parking options close to the MCG.
- Brunton Avenue: 2.55pm-4.35pm (Pre-match)
- Brunton Avenue: 7.15pm-8.15pm (Post-match)
- Wellington Parade: 7.15pm-7.45pm (Post-match)
Planned Train DisruptionsBuses replace trains on sections of the Sunbury, Cranbourne, Pakenham and Frankston lines this weekend.
- Passengers should allow extra time when travelling to and from the MCG.
- Please be aware after the game there may be increased congestion and delays getting onto the platforms at Richmond Station.
- Passengers are advised to return to where they got off the bus prior to the game.
For further information and to plan your journey at ptv.vic.gov.au.
Kids Go FreeKids under 15 are invited to discover the Australian Sports Museum at the MCG for FREE when visiting for an AFL match in Rounds 14-17.
Tickets are free for kids and half price for adults that hold an entry ticket to an AFL match. Entry to the Australian Sports Museum is valid from when gates open until the first bounce.
Australian Sports MuseumThe Australian Sports Museum is open event days before the bounce for all ticket holders.
Located at Gate 3 inside the MCG, the Museum showcases the best of Australian sports including AFL, cricket and the Olympics.
For this match, the Museum is open from 10.00am-2.00pm.
Please note: MCG Tours do no operate on event days.
Find out more.
At the 'G
- You will be required to enter via the Gate on your digital ticket.
- All food, beverage and merchandise outlets will be cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit or credit card.
- No smoking, including no vaping, inside the MCG. Patrons found to be smoking or vaping inside the ground will be evicted immediately.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.