Step into greatness when cricket returns to the ‘G!The Melbourne Cricket Club, as ground managers of the MCG, looks forward to welcoming you to the ‘G across the upcoming summer of cricket.
The MCG will host both domestic and international matches across the 2021/22 cricket season with the fixture to feature BBL|11 blockbusters, a T20 International match between Australia and Sri Lanka, Sheffield Shield and One-Day Cup competitions in addition to the traditional Boxing Day Test when the Men’s Ashes Series returns to Australia this summer.
Following the Victorian Government’s recent announcement, we are pleased to host a full capacity crowd for the Boxing Day Test and our matches across the summer.
General public tickets are available now by visiting Ticketek or going to cricket.com.au/tickets.
View the summer of cricket schedule here.
Your Visit to the MCGDuring the COVID-19 pandemic, the Melbourne Cricket Club has worked closely with the Victorian Government to develop a framework in which major events can operate. This has resulted in the endorsed COVIDSafe Event Plan that is in place and underpins the Club’s commitment to protecting the ongoing wellbeing of all patrons.
The MCC is committed to ensuring that all events across the 2021-22 Summer of Cricket operate in line with relevant Victorian Government COVID-19 guidelines so all patrons can experience the MCG in a safe way.
As a result, things may look a little different since your last visit to the ‘G. Below you will find everything you need to know to help make your experience a great one.
COVID-19 Vaccination Condition of EntryIn line with the Victorian Government health directives for major events at the MCG, entry will only be granted to fully vaccinated patrons (over the age of 12 years and two months) who can provide proof of vaccination status.
Children under 12 years and two months do not need to be vaccinated but must be accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult.
Unvaccinated patrons will not be permitted to enter the MCG, unless they are able to display a valid immunisation medical exemption provided by a Victorian Government-approved health professional.
As members and their guests arrive at Gate 2, they are asked to bring up their COVID-19 digital certificate to display to match day staff at the entrance gate in one of two ways:
- Scan the QR code outside the entrance gate using the Services Victoria App on your smart device.
- Show their COVID-19 digital certificate in the same smart wallet on their device, that houses their digital ticket from Ticketek. All patrons will still be required to “check-in” to the MCG via the Services Victoria app.
For patrons without a smart device, they will be required to provide a printed version of the COVID-19 digital certificate or Immunisation History statement, which can be used as evidence of vaccination.
PARKINGParking availability in Yarra Park will be confirmed closer to the event date. Please continue to check here.
COVID-19 Health AdvicePlease play your role in protecting the people’s ground by following these simple directions when visiting the MCG:
- Clean hands. Please remember to wash or sanitise your hands regularly, using one of the MCG’s installed 275 Dettol hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground.
- Know when it’s time to bow out. If you have COVID-19 symptoms or have been advised to get tested by a contact, workplace or school, please get tested and isolate until you get a negative result.
- Protect the head. Face masks are strongly recommended where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Stay at least a couple of cricket bat’s length apart. For good measure, please stay 1.5 metres from one another.
Before you arrive at the MCG
- All tickets to the MCG are delivered digitally via Ticketek. You will need to download your mobile ticket before you arrive at the venue and scan into the MCG using your smartphone.
- If you have purchased tickets on behalf of others, you will need to forward tickets to the individuals attending within your group.
- Pack a fitted face mask as we strongly recommend masks be worn where physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- Keep your bag or backpack to a size that can fit comfortably under your seat. Larger bags – such as duffle bags, sports bags or suitcases – are not permitted. There will be no cloaking facilities at the MCG.
- Download the Service Victoria app to ensure you’re prepared for your arrival to the MCG and ready to scan the displayed QR codes on arrival. The Service Victoria App can be downloaded on Google Play or the App Store. For more information CLICK HERE.
- Plan to arrive early to the MCG and also plan your journey to the MCG by visiting PTV website or the Yarra Park car parking schedule.
On the day
- Arrive early to ease congestion on public transport and also during the entry process at your assigned gate.
- Enter with your own mobile ticket via the gate indicated on your Ticketek digital ticket.
- Use the displayed Victorian Government QR codes to check into the MCG. These will be displayed at the entry area of your assigned gate. Please scan the displayed QR code by opening up your smartphone’s camera and allowing it to focus on the code. Your smartphone will then identify the code and say what to do next. If this does not work, please download the Service Victoria app from the Google Play Store or Apple App Store and follow instructions to check into the MCG.
- Maintain physical distancing at all times within the MCG by leaving at least a couple cricket bat lengths distance between you and others.
- Your mobile ticket will indicate your assigned section and row.
- All food, beverage and merchandise outlets are cashless – so all transactions will need to be made on your debit or credit card.
- The MCG’s official hygiene partner, Dettol, has installed 275 hand sanitisation stations throughout the Ground to support good personal hygiene practices.
- We’re here to help – attendees are encouraged to contact management in the event they need any assistance, want to alert to a COVID-19 protocol breach or have witnessed anti-social behaviour. The channels in which patrons can contact management are through:
Information found at: mcg.org.au
View Conditions of Entry
Download the Service Victoria app to check-in at the MCG.
View additional Conditions of Entry relating to COVID-19
This webpage will be updated with details regarding the 2021-22 summer of cricket as more information becomes available. Please check back here for updates, keep an eye on your emails, or follow us on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.