For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following items are not permitted into the MCG:
- Opened plastic soft drink containers
- Torn-up paper
- Musical instruments
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres
- Fireworks/flares/laser lights
- Rollerblades, skateboards or scooters
- Animals (assistance animals excepted)
- Audio recording equipment/video cameras* and radio scanners
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat
- Any device or object that in the opinion of management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
- The carriage and operation of drones (or any such aircraft) is prohibited
View Conditions of Entry
Please note: Patrons are not permitted to collect bottles, cans or containers, whether for the Container Deposit Scheme or otherwise without the written permission of the MCC.
AFLFor AFL matches, the conditions should be read in conjunction with the AFL Venue Entry Policy.
CricketFor Cricket Australia international matches, the conditions should be read in conjunction with the Cricket Australia Ticket and Entry Conditions, the Cricket Australia Refund Policy and the ICC and Cricket Australia's Inappropriate Conduct Policy.
- Melbourne Cricket Club management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- No representations are made that there is seating available.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present their bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
- Melbourne Cricket Club will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property.
- Seats retract automatically, check your seat before you sit down.
- Umbrellas cannot be raised in seating areas whilst activity is taking place on the arena. Patrons can purchase disposable plastic ponchos at most catering outlets.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from the MCG.
- Smoking is not permitted within the MCG or within the designated smoke-free areas outside the stadium. This includes electronic cigarettes. Patrons may be asked to leave the event if they are found smoking in these areas.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from MCC staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- Some areas of the MCG are exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
- Patrons need to comply with any request for electronic and/or personal body searching.