For the comfort, safety and enjoyment of all patrons, staff and event participants, the following items are not permitted into the MCG:
- Opened plastic soft drink containers
- Torn-up paper
- Musical instruments
- Flags with handles exceeding 1.6 metres
- Fireworks/flares/laser lights
- Rollerblades, skateboards or scooters
- Animals (assistance animals excepted)
- Audio recording equipment/video cameras* and radio scanners
- Any large article that cannot be placed under a seat
- Any device or object that in the opinion of management has the potential to cause injury or public nuisance.
- The carriage and operation of drones (or any such aircraft) is prohibited
View Conditions of Entry
View additional Conditions of Entry relating to COVID-19
AFLFor AFL matches, the conditions should be read in conjunction with the AFL Venue Entry Policy.
CricketNote: For Cricket Australia international matches, the conditions should be read in conjunction with the Cricket Australia Ticket and Entry Policy.
- Melbourne Cricket Club management reserves the right to refuse entry.
- No representations are made that there is seating available.
- Patrons are admitted to the stadium at their own risk.
- Patrons may be requested to present their bags for inspection.
- Persons entering the arena without prior authorisation will be liable for prosecution.
- Melbourne Cricket Club will not be held responsible for any damages to, loss or theft of a patron's personal property.
- Seats retract automatically, check your seat before you sit down.
- Umbrellas cannot be raised in seating areas whilst activity is taking place on the arena. Patrons can purchase disposable plastic ponchos at most catering outlets.
- Alcoholic beverages may not be taken into or from the MCG.
- Smoking is not permitted within the MCG or within the designated smoke-free areas outside the stadium. This includes electronic cigarettes. Patrons may be asked to leave the event if they are found smoking in these areas.
- Patrons causing a disturbance or refusing to comply with requests from MCC staff or their representatives may be evicted from the stadium.
- Some areas of the MCG are exposed to direct sunlight and heat. Patrons are required to take appropriate care for their sun protection and hydration.
- Patrons need to comply with any request for electronic and/or personal body searching